* Coordinates all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings.
* Perform duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in planning and organizing the nutritional care of patients.
* Assesses patient nutritional needs, diet restrictions, etc. to develop and implement dietary care plans and provide nutritional counseling. Develops measurable short and long-term nutritional goals and evaluates to desired outcomes.
* Ensures the accurate calculation of nutritional needs based upon individual therapeutic need.
* Ensures documentation in medical record is timely, accurate and in accordance with PCD guidelines.
* Monitors and inspects meal service for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.