The On-The-Job Training program is designed to assist job seekers in getting the
skills and training they need to become employed. In fact, you’re employed from
day one of training in this program. That’s right, a job, a paycheck, and a training
program designed by the employer to give you the exact skills and training you need
to be a successful employed worker in today’s competitive workforce.
CareerSource Pasco Hernando
offers an assessment program designed to identify your interests and aptitudes.
The assessment will assist in matching your aptitudes and interests to the best
suitable employer. Upon completion, then your aptitudes and interests are matched
with a local company’s hiring needs. You will interview as you would for any job
and instead of worrying you’re not qualified, your assessment results tells the
employer you’re the right person to hire because your aptitude is your inherent
capacity, talent or ability to do the job. If your interest results say you’re interested
in doing a certain job, just imagine going to work in that job for which you’re
suited, have interest in and the employer will train you to obtain the actual skills
his or her company needs.
Applicant will need to complete the following activities on their own prior to eligibility determination.
How to become an OJT Employee:
1. Update your Employ Florida Marketplace
2. Notify CareerSource Pasco Hernando that you are interested in the On-The-Job Training program
3. Complete the WIA Online Orientation.
4. Complete an OJT Needs Assessment.
5. Complete the Ready to Work screening.
6. Attend the OJT Success Workshop.
7. Wait for an OJT Representative to contact you.